BA.B.L, LL.M. (NLSIU, Bangalore)
Technical Member – Copyrights
N. SURYA SENTHIL was a practising lawyer focussing on intellectual property laws for 23 years. He appeared in several cases dealing with various key jurisprudential IP issues mainly before the Hon’ble High Court of Madras, also various other High Courts the Intellectual Property Appellate Board. Also filed and prosecuted many applications before the Indian Patent, Trademark, Design and Copyright offices
Authored the book 'MANUAL OF CYBER LAWS', by Aditya Book Company (ABC), July 2010, has written articles for newspapers and journals, and was the Associate Editor, Chennai Law Times, 2007-2019.
A regular speaker at various seminars and conferences, some of which include:
- IMPACT OF TRIPs ON INDIAN PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY, PAN IIT IPR Workshop, IIT Bombay, February 18th 2005
- Intellectual Property Laws in India, Training Program for German Judges, The Accord Metropolitan, Chennai, 31 October 2005
- An Introduction to IPR,Tamil Nadu Judicial Academy, Chennai, 30 January 2006
- ENFORCEMENT OF IPR LAWS IN INDIA: AN INSIGHT, National Academy of Customs Excise & Narcotics (NACEN), Chennai, 04 August 2006
- Copyright Management, WORKSHOP ON IPR’S (NIIPM), Nagpur, 9th April 2008
- “PROTECTION OF BRAND NAMES” in the Workshop on IP Preparedness for MSMES, 2009, Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, Government of India.
- Specification Drafting, Advanced Training On Patents, National Institute Of Intellectual Property Management (NIIPM), Nagpur, March 5, 2009
- Paper on Digital Era And Circumvention Of Copyright, WORKSHOP ON IPR, 27 April 2011
- National Conference of the Judges of the District Judiciary on Commercial & Economic Laws, Session on Copyright Law and Trade Mark Law, National Judicial Academy, Bhopal, January 16-18, 2015
- Paper on Copyright Management, TIFAC Workshop on IPR Awareness, 03 June 2016.